Thursday, October 8, 2015

Blogging in 25 Years

//Outfit Posts of the Future//
 
The other day I was watching a make-up tutorial on Youtube and I started to think about how crazy the internet is. This girl around my age is recording herself sharing tips and tricks for fall inspired make-up and I'm soaking it all in and appreciative of her suggestions and methods.
 
Obviously, as humans we've always shared information but this particular beauty vlogger is from the UK and it's not like I would have ever had the chance to sit across from her at a coffee shop and say "what concealer are you using?"
 
Then it made me think, will there be vloggers and bloggers handing out tips for grey coverage (or going au natural) or age appropriate eye shadow choices or handling menopause like a boss when we're 50, 60, 70 years old? Will we look for information on the internet?
 
But of course we will! We're of "that" generation.
 
And that thought made me so happy! I love the idea that I might be reading blogs from women who I saw get engaged, married and have babies then possibly send those babies to college, downsize to a smaller home and write about their grandchildren. How wild would that be!?
 
Just over here loving this community and how small it has made this huge world.
Do you think you'll be blogging in 25 years?
 
 

4 comments:

  1. What a crazy thought! I bet 25 years ago no one would have expected where technology is today. I can't wait to see what the future holds for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never thought about that, but I love it!!! I've already enjoyed seeing bloggy friends who've gone from dating someone, to engaged to that someone to married life and even to kids, so seeing it go past that will be so fun!

    This blogging world is a cool thing, huh?! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting thoughts! It really is crazy how technology has evolved and changed our culture. I work in social media and all those days in elementary and high school where I was concerned about what I should be 'when i grow up' were sort of a waste because there was no such thing as bloggers and certainly not social media as a job. MySpace and FB were just beginning to catch on. To answer your question though, there are bloggers out there of all ages! I know of several 40+ fashion bloggers, so I guess the answer would be 'yes!'

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even imagine what the world is going to be like in 25 more years! It's so crazy to think about! I would LOVE to still be blogging in some format!

    ReplyDelete