Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Home Renovations: The Guest Room

We affectionately referred to this room as the "American Chopper Room". I'm sure there are many boys who would have loved this two toned beauty (Brandon may have shed a tear when that wallpaper border came down) but I wanted a relaxing guest room fit for my amazing friends and family. 

THE BEFORE:




THE AFTER:



Ahhh this room just makes me relaxed. I wanted a super neutral vibe but with a dash of personality and I think the script wall does just that. I was inspired by this post. The writing says "and I'm here wishing you could stay a little longer", its from a Brother's Osbourne song that Brandon and I fell in love with this past summer. It's a great song and I couldn't resist the way it works so perfectly in a guest room.




The bedroom set is an old oak set that my Grandma gave me. I painted it with chalk paint to modernize it a bit. Awhile ago I took a furniture painting class with my aunt and did these extra details on one of the side tables. I can't wait to tackle more furniture projects in the future.

//Bearsy getting up close and personal with the side table...//

Cheers to Wednesday, enjoy!!

5 comments:

  1. Talk about a total transformation-- it looks like a different space, love the fun wallpaper (?) you put up and all of the little details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I absolutely LOVE this!!!!! That lettered wall... AMAZING accent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the script on the walls! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This came out gorgeous! Did you paint the writing on the wall? I really, really love it! Also the furniture came out beautiful, you're so talented!

    Kristin
    The Blush Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THAT WALL!!!! can you come to my house and do the same thing? Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete